With the construction dates for the House of Hope fast approaching, a number of prayer requests have come up. Please pray as often as you can for the girls and this project!
1. Some of the girls from the Hogar that can move to the House of Hope in 2010 have lived at the Hogar for many years and are afraid of moving to a new and different environment. They are afraid of the unknowns, so please pray that God will give them peace and help them to recognize the opportunity!
2. Vision for Chile’s relationship with the National C&MA church in Chile has always been good. With the recent announcement that we are going to build the House of Hope on property other than the Hogar, the National Church has begun to ask how they will be involved and if we will continue to maintain a strong relationship with the Hogar. We have assured them that we plan to maintain the same relationship as we have in the past. Please pray that this relationship will stay positive, so we can focus on the girls!
3. The needed resources to both build and operate the House of Hope are significant. We need approximately $300,000 over the next 36 months. Please pray that God would financially bless this project!
4. Vision for Chile has to establish an identity/status in Chile within the next 6 months. We have hired an attorney to help us become a non-profit corporation. Pray for wisdom for our attorney and God’s will for VFC in these matters.
5. Vision for Chile is in the process of interviewing and hiring staff for the House of Hope. We pray that God would send us Godly women who will love these girls and help us to administrate the House of Hope in a Godly way.
6. Please pray for our relationships with our Chilean co-workers in Chile: Pastors, the National Church, our Architect, our construction company, and others. We are seeking to work well together to accomplish God’s will.
7. Vision for Chile needs approximately 35 to 40 people per team for the 3 teams in October / November 2009 to build the House of Hope. Please pray that individuals would heed God’s calling and not let fear or finances hinder them.
As you can see, there is plenty to cover in prayer, but we serve a big God that is more than willing to meet every need. Please visit the House of Hope website at http://houseofhopechile.org for more trip information and printable flyers for your church.
Thank you for your prayers!